-Repairable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal
of item not authorized below depot level.
-Repairable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
-Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manu-
als/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGE Code (Column (3). The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a 5-digit numeric or
alphanumeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or government agency, etc., that supplies the
item. The codes are contained in Cataloging Handbook H4/H8.
d. Part Number (Column (4). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engi-
neering drawings, specification standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the part
e. Description and Usable On Code (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry (insert applicable physi-
cal security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 (C) -Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) - Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be manu-
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).