ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIEL
(2) Using the capscrews (7) as a guide, aline
the handle bracket (5) with the spacer block (4) and the
a. Organizational maintenance personnel are
two threaded holes near the top of the right vertical
authorized to unpack, assemble, and install the ABC-M1
support plate (9).
(3) Tighten the capscrews as tight as possible
b. Perform before-operation services (para 22)
using a 3/8-inch socket-head screw key.
before putting any equipment into service.
(4) Pull the handle (6) forward until the edge
of the cam (8) engages the die.
a. Open the box and remove intermediate
(5) Remove and discard the bolt (3), nut (1),
and washer (2) that hold the two spring-loaded sections
b. Remove the four bolts anchoring the hydraulic
of the lower die (10) together.
press to the base of the box.
b. Pressure Gage.
c. Use a hoist to remove the press from the box
(1) Remove the pipe plug (7, fig. 16) from
and to position it on the workbench.
the opening marked "G" in the top of the
d. Remove block and tie down from the release (2,
fig. 1). Rotate the lever 180 degrees clockwise to move
(2) Apply a thin coating of gasket-forming
the knob to the front of the press.
compound to the threads on the bottom of
e. Pull down on the release lever with one hand.
the pipe nipple (8) that is attached to the
With the other hand, raise the upper die (8) of the
pressure gage (1).
crimping die set.
(1) Screw the nipple handtight into the
f. Remove the shipping block from the lower die.
opening marked "F".
g. Unpack the contents of intermediate packages.
(4) Grasp the flat surfaces on the stem of the
h. Using solvent, remove the trust-preventive
pressure gage with a wrench, and turn the
coating from the various parts.
gage one full turn plus that part of a
29. Assembly and Installation
second turn that is required to make the
dial face front.
c. Hinged Top Oiler.
nut (1), and washer (2) that hold the
(1) Remove the pipe plug (3, fig. 16) from
two spring-loaded parts of the lower
the opening marked "F".
die (10) together until after the
(2) Screw the hinged top oiler (4) finger-tight
handle assembly has been installed.
into the opening.
d. Pump Handle. Insert the pump handle (4, fig.
(1) Remove and discard the two nuts that
1) through the hole in the rocker shaft as shown in figure
hold the handle assembly together.
1. Tighten the handle in position with the setscrew
located in the end of