Figure 5. Pump Assembly.
(4) Needle tips (23) shall have a 10 finish and
(9) Balls (7) and (16) and ball seats for roughness.
valve seats shall have a 32 finish. Replace rough or
(10) Screen for clogging or bending.
d. Repair and Replacement.
(1) Place packing (24, figure 5) on body (25).
(1) Replace screen if it cannot be cleaned and
Place needle (23) and spring (22) in body. Install packing
restored to original shape.
(21) and rubber strip (19) on screw (20); thread screw into
(2) Replaced weak or damaged springs.
body. Turn approximately 4 turns after contacting spring.
(3) Replace damaged balls and clean damaged
Install pin (18) and thread assembly into base.
seats. Reset balls by tapping a new ball into the seat with
a brass drift to form a ring approximately 1/64th of an
inch. Discard the ball used for seating