(4) Remove the two screws (14) and lock-
Remove the 2 screws (10) and 2
washers (15) that secure the wick and
s c r e w s (11) that secure the end cap
holder assembly (13) and the station-
(9) to the magneto housing (50) and
ary member of the contact set (16) to
remove the end cap.
the breaker plate and remove the con-
(3) Remove the distributor rotor (12)
tact and wick holder.
from the spur gear (39).
(5) Position the stationary member of the
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
contact set (16) and the wick and
(1) Clean the outside of the magneto, end
holder assembly (13) on the contact
cap, and rotor with a cloth dampened
breaker plate (46) and secure with
with an approved cleaning solvent and
the two lockwashers (15) and screws
(2) I n s p e c t the end cap and rotor for
(6) Place the movable member of the con-
cracks, breaks or other visible dam-
tact set (16) on the pin of the contact
age. Replace a defective end cap and
breaker plate (46) and install the re-
taining ring (17).
(3) Inspect the points of the contact set
(7) Connect the electrical leads of the
for pitting or burning. Replace a de-
magneto to the contact set (16) with
fective contact set.
the lockwasher (18) and screw (19).
c. Contact Set Replacement.
(8) Adjust the breaker point gap setting
(1) Remove and disassemble the ignition
as prescribed in f below.
magneto as described in b and c above.
(9) Reassemble and install the ignition
(2) Remove the screw (19, fig. 21) and
magneto as outlined in g and h below.
lockwasher (18) that disconnect the
f. Contact Set Adjustment.
electrical leads from the contact set,
(1) Remove and disassemble the magneto
as described in b and c above.
( 3 ) Remove the retaining ring (17) that
(2) Loosen the two screws (14, fig. 21)
secures the movable member of the
and increase or decrease the clearance
contact set to the contact breaker plate
between the stationary point and the
(46) and remove the movable contact.