shaft gear (22) to the camshaft and
190. Timing Gears
remove the gear from the camshaft.
(5) Remove the hex nut (1, fig. 35) that
(1) Remove the gear cover (par. 189).
secures the oil pump gear (2) in place
(2) Remove the setscrew that secures the
and remove the gear and woodruff
idler gear stud in the crankcase and
remove the stud and the idler gear.
(3) Remove the plunger button (19, fig.
(6) Remove the eight bolts and lockwash-
27), thrust plunger (20) and spring
ers that secure the gear cover spacer
(21) from the camshaft (25).
(2, fig. 34) and the gasket (3) to the
(4) Remove the three bolts (24) and lock-
crankcase and remove the spacer and
washers (23) that secure the cam-