TABLE 2-2. STARTUP PANEL CONTROLS (cont)
Provided to protect the
Fuse, 10 amperes
electrical circuitry from
overloads or short circuits
When held in the up position
Starter switch, momentary on
(on) the starter solenoid is
energized applying momentary
12 VDC to the starter, which
then starts the engine
2-6. Perform the preliminary positioning of
valves and controls (see figure 2-1) as follows:
Keep 10 feet clear of aircraft engines and
fuel tank areas. Never operate engine in
1. Turn pressure compensator control (21)
a closed building unless exhaust is piped
CCW to open.
out to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
2-4. PRELIMINARY SETUP.
2. Turn compensator shutoff valve (22) CCW
2-5. To make the preliminary setup, position the
test stand to the desired area of aircraft location
and perform the following:
3. Turn flow control valves (16 and 19) CW
1. Set parking brake lever of test stand se-
curing the test stand.
4. Turn high pressure relief valve (1) CCW
2. Open all engine compartment doors and
control panel door.
5. Turn fluid pressure gage shutoff valve (4)
3. Connect the appropriate coupling valves of
CCW to open.
hoses between the test stand and the aircraft to
be tested. Refer to Section IV, for appropriate
6. Place reservoir shutoff valve control (15)
hose connections and test to be performed.
CCW to horizontal position to open.
4. Assure quantity of fuel level in gas tank is
sufficient to perform entire test desired. A full
7. Turn high pressure bypass valve (2) CCW
gas tank will provide for a minimum of 4 hours of
8. Set suction pressure valve (23) to filter
out position vertical position.
Leave engine compartment top and side
doors open and secured during engine
9. Turn Volume Control (20) CCW.