TM 55-4920-442-13 & P
3-24. Axles and steering assembly - Replace
This task covers:
Removal and Installation
Tool kit, Aircraft, Mechanics, General NSN 5180-00-323-4692
1. Chock wheels.
2. Jack up trailer with jack stand so tires have a 1/2 inch clearance from the ground.
3. On the rear axle, disconnect the two short brake rods, one to each wheel.
4. Install two small jacks under front axle and two small jacks under rear axle.
5. Remove nuts, U bolts and plate connecting the axles to the springs, then lower the axles with the small jacks.
6. Remove small jacks.
7. Pull the rear axle out of the rear of the test stand and the front axle out of the front of the test stand.
GO TO NEXT PAGE