TM 55-4920-442-13 & P
3-79. Filter assemblies - Test
This task covers:
TESTING - HIGH PRESSURE FILTER
1. Perform steps in para. 3-79 for removing elements but do not discard.
2. Install an AN814-12 fitting with a bore seal into the threaded connection of the filter head and install fiber bowl. Do
not install elements for the test.
3. Check the reset button to determine that it is depressed.
4. Apply minimum hydraulic pressure, 85 psig to inlet port of filter. If switch does not actuate warning light, slowly
increase to maximum 115 psig. Switch is preset for 100±15 psig.
5. During the above test, after the switch has actuated, depress the reset button; the warning light should go off. When
the reset button is released, it should rise and the warning light should illuminate. Reduce pressure to zero and depress
reset button. The warning light should go off and the reset button remain depressed.
6. There should be continuity between switch connector pins B and A when the switch is activated. Pin A on the switch
should be connected to pin 2 on the warning light.
7. After successfully completing this test, remove the AN -fitting installed in step 2.
8. Reinstall the reserved element(s) and filter bowl.
END OF TASK