TM 55-4920-442-13 & P
Instruments - Replace (cont)
DISASSEMBLY - FLOWMETER (Cont.)
1. Support the flowmeter on a workbench or other suitable stand.
2. Remove four screws (1) and lift off bezel (2). This will expose four 3/8-16 pan head screws, 1/2 inch long (3)
which hold the tie plates (4) in place. Remove these four bolts and two tie plates.
3. Remove the four screws (5) which hold the support brackets (6) to the shield spacers (8). Remove brackets (6)
and the protective shield (7).
4. Remove inlet plug (24) allowing any oil remaining in the instrument to drain.
5. Remove the two hex nuts (22) from the lower end of the guide rod (18) and allow the guide support (21) to drop
from the inlet end fitting (32).
6. Remove the outlet end plug (10) and withdraw the guide rod support assembly (with float (19) attached).
The float is a precision manufactured part. Do not nick, drop or damage as meter accuracy
will be adversely affected. Protect it with suitable wrapping when removed.
7. Remove the float cushion (20) from the lower end of the guide rod (18) and carefully remove float (19).
Further disassembly is unnecessary for cleaning.
Use volatile solvents only in a well ventilated area. Avoid prolonged contact with the skin.
8. Remove and discard gaskets (11 and 23) from end plugs (10 and 24).
GO TO NEXT PAGE