TM 55-4920-442-13 & P
Instruments - Replace (cont)
DISASSEMBLY - FLOWMETER (Cont.)
9. Bathe all removed parts in a suitable solvent such as that described by Federal Specification PD-680, Type II.
Flush meter tube with the same solvent and wipe clean with a lint free cloth.
10. Blow all parts thoroughly dry with low pressure (20 psig) clean, dry air.
11. If further disassembly is necessary, the rear bezel and protective shield must be removed. This is accomplished
in a manner similar to the front (step a).
12. Further disassembly will be simplified by referring to detail A and removing the four packing compression screws
(9) from each end of the side plate assembly, then disassemble tube assembly.
1. Assemble tube assembly, two side plates (33) and four compression screws (9) as shown in detail A of
2. Attach rear protective shield and tie plates with four 3/8-16 pan head screws, 1/2" long and rear bezel with four
3. Carefully install float (19) on guide rod (18) and attach float cushion (20).
4. Assemble upper portion of guide rod.
5. Insert the guide rod support assembly with float attached into the flow tube.
6. Install new gaskets (11) and (23) with inlet and outlet plugs (10) and (24).
7. Attach front protective shield (7), spacers (8) and support brackets (6) with four screws (5).
GO TO NEXT PAGE