3-95. Instruments-Calibration (cont.)
CALIBRATION - FILL PRESSURE GAGE (Cont.)
3. If the test stand gage does not agree with the standard gage within one percent ±1/2 percent, replace the fill pressure
CALIBRATION - OIL TEMPERATURE GAGE
1. The oil temperature gage is equipped with a five foot capillary tube and sensing bulb. Remove the sensing bulb from
the thermostat well.
2. Immerse the sensing tube into a water container with a controlled temperature.
3. Check the water temperature with a standard thermometer and compare readings with test stand gage.
4. Replace the gage if the temperature readings are inaccurate or erratic.
CALIBRATION - THERMOSWITCH
1. The thermoswitch is located in the output manifold of the low pressure filter and activates to shut down the unit if the
temperature of the hydraulic fluid exceeds that for which it is set (165° ). Should the thermoswitch required
readjustment, proceed as follows.
2. Loosen locknut on adjusting screw.
3. Turn slotted screw clockwise to raise the temperature setting at which the switch will activate; rotate screw
counterclockwise to lower setting.
4. When switch is correctly set, retighten locknut.
GO TO NEXT PAGE