(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are
in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i. e.,
vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which place the first letter or digit of each group in order A
through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM Column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturers (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to identify
the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II and
(5) ITEM Column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in
the adjacent figure number column.
C-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. Usable On Code. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC:.." in the Description Column justified left) on the last line of the applicable item
description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models. Identification of the usable on codes used in this
b. Fabrication Instructions. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk Material
Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description column of the
line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items source coded to be
manufactured or fabricated are not applicable.
c. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from
component spare/repair parts are not applicable. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately following the
assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in Section II. (Not applicable).
e. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in
the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number
Index and the bulk material list in Section II.