(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each spe-
cial tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds density
spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given figure
in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A
"V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
Explanation of Columns (Section IV).
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock Number Column. This column lists t he NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence.
The NIIN consists of the last nine digits
of the NSN (i. e.5305-01-674-1467.= When using this column to locate an item,
ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) Figure Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) Item Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIGURE
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric se-
quence (i.e., vertical arrangements of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order ~ through Z. followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGE Code Column. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code is a 5-digit numeric or al-
phanumeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) Part Number Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corpora-
tion, or government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering draw-
ings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of terms.