pressure filter-to-relief valve tubing
(4) Remove the spool and the seat (16)
from the body.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
150. Flow Control, Gage Snubber, Fluid
(1) Clean all metal parts in an approved
Bypass and Reservoir Shutoff Valves
cleaning solvent and dry with a lint-
(1) Disconnect the flow control valve-to-
(2) Inspect the valve body and valve cap
outlet tubing (17, fig. 12) and the
f o r cracks, breaks, and damaged
outlet selector valve-to-outlet tubing
threads. Retap damaged threads and
remove nicks and burs from gasket
seating surfaces. Replace a body or
(2) Remove the hex nut that secures the
handwheel on the flow control valve
cap damaged beyond repair.
(20, fig. 9) and remove the handwheel
(3) Inspect the valve spring guide needle
and locking nut from the valve.
valve, seat, plunger, spool, and seat
for nicks, burs, and distortion. Re-
(3) Remove the four bolts (32) that se-
move minor abrasions. Replace any
cure the flow control valve to the con-
trol panel (1) and remove the valve.
part damaged beyond repair.
(4) Remove the remaining flow control
(4) Inspect the springs for cracks, distor-
valve (21), gage snubber valve (23),
tion, and lack of tension, Replace a
fluid bypass valve (27), and reservoir
shutoff valve (12) in similar manner.
(5) Inspect all attaching parts for distor-
tion and damaged threads. Replace
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
all defective parts.
(1) Clean the valves with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
Blow the fluid passages of the valves
(1) Insert the seat (16, fig. 31) and the
clear with compressed air.
spool (15) in the body (17).
(2) Inspect the valves for damaged or
(2) Install a new preformed packing (12)
broken handwheels, damaged threads,
on the plunger (13) and place the
and for improper closing. Replace a
spool spring (14) and the plunger in
(3) Inspect all attaching hardware for
(3) Position a new preformed packing
distortion and damaged threads. Re-
(11 ) and the cap (9) on the body and
place defective or damaged hardware.
secure with the two screws (10).
(4) Install the seat (8), needle valve (7),
pilot spring (6), a new gasket (4),
(1) Position the flow control valve (20,
and the valve spring guide (5) in the
fig. 9) in the control panel (1) and
secure with the four bolts (32).
(2) Install the locking nut and handwheel
(1) Position the high pressure relief valve
on the flow control valve and secure
in the control panel and secure with
with the hex nut.
the hex nut (3, fig. 31).
(3) Connect the outlet selector valve-to-¾
(2) Install the locking nut (2) on the ad-
in. outlet tubing (31, fig. 12) and the
justing screw (1) and install the
flow control valve-to-¾ inch outlet
screw in the relief valve.
(4) Install the remaining flow control
(3) Connect the relief valve-to-bypass
valve (21, fig. 9), gage snubber valve
valve tubing (38, fig. 12), high pres-
sure relief valve-to-snubber valve tub-
(23), fluid bypass valve (27) and
r e s e r v o i r shutoff valve (12) in a
ing (32), high pressure relief valve-
to-manifold tubing (12), and the high