ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
PREPARATION FOR INSTALLATION STORAGE AND SHIPMENT
3. Tubing is undamaged and all fittings tightly
3-1. PREPARATION FOR INSTALLATION.
connected throughout the hydraulic and fuel line
3-2. UNCRATING. To unload the test stand from
its shipping container proceed as follows: (See
4. All hand operated controls and switches
1. Disconnect tie-down straps.
5. All electrical connections are secured.
2. Where a lifting device of suitable capacity
6. All four tires display absence of deep cuts,
(over 3000 lbs.) is available, connect cable slings
fabric breaks or excessive wear.
to lifting eyebolts and lift the test stand from its
7. Tires are inflated to 60 psi (approximately).
3-3. UNPACKING. To unpack the test stand
8. Correct all deficiencies or report defects
proceed as foIlows:
to organizational maintenance.
1. Remove pressure sensitive tapes from
3-6. PRELIMINARY LUBRICATION. Check
seams, doors, panels screen and ventilation ducts.
engine oil and points of lubrication as listed in
table 3-5. Ensure initial lubrication exists at all
2. Remove barrier material from ventilation
ducts and screens.
3-7. BATTERY. The battery, furnished with the
3. Remove bags of desiccant from inside test
test stand but shipped separately shall be activated
shortly before installation as follows:
4. Remove pressure sensitive tapes from all
Do not add acid. Battery generates explo-
sive gages; keep sparks, flames and hot
glowing objects away. Ventilate area while
1. Use solvent (item 1, table 1-7) for removal
charging. Battery becomes hot during
of preservatives from exterior surfaces of the
activation. Wear gloves if handled before
2. With a low pressure air source blow away
1. Remove knock-out tool from under Initial
remaining dust or loose packing material from
2. Open flip caps. Using knock-out tool,
3-5. PREINSTALLATION INSPECTION. Care-
break seal in each vent tube. Do not retrieve
fully inspect the test stand for possible damage
sealing discs. Close flip caps.
during shipment. Make certain that:
3. Remove Initial Fill Caps. Break seals with
1. All gages and controls on the control panels
tool. Keep fingers out of openings, do not re-
are undamaged and not missing or loose. (See
figures 2-1 and 2-2.)
4. Pour cold tap water slowly into each open-
2. All major components of the test stand are
ing until filled to bottom of opening. Maximum
undamaged, securely mounted and not missing.
power is obtained by slowly pouring a little water
(See figures 1-2 and 1-3.)