GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. GENERAL
35. Hydraulic Press
General support maintenance personnel are authorized
Repairs on the hydraulic press will be performed in
to repair the hydraulic press, replace and aline the
accordance with the instruction manual supplied and
cirimping die set, and calibrate the pressure gage.
packaged with the outfit.
Section II. CRIMPING DIE SET
upper die screws onto the threaded adapter on the press
nut (1), and washer (2) that hold the
ram. The lower die, including two vertical support
two spring-loaded parts of the lower
plates, is bolted to the base of the press.
die (10) together until after the
handle assembly has been installed.
Crimping dies are replaced as a set, never singly.
(2) Screw the upper die fully onto the press
ram, and position the serial number toward the front of
the press. Raise the upper die, and reposition the
(1) Raise the upper die (4); close the lower
adjustable guide as necessary.
(3) Place the lower die on the base of the
(2) Using a blunt punch and hammer, remove
press. The serial number must face forward.
the four dowel pins (13) from the support plates (9).
(4) Aline bolt holes, and bolt the support
(3) Remove the four nuts (12), washers (11),
plates loosely to the base of the press with four
and capscrews (10) that hold the support plates to the
capscrews, washers, and nuts.
base of the press (14).
(5) Lower the upper die onto the lower die.
(4) Remove the lower die, with support plates
Be sure that alinement pins (5, fig. 17) on the upper die
attached, from the press.
fit smoothly into corresponding alinement holes (6) in
(5) Lower the upper die until it is below the
the lower die.
adjustable guide (2).
(6) Tighten the capscrews.
(6) Unscrew the upper die from the adapter
(3) on the press ram (1), and remove the upper die from
Support plates of the replacement
lower die have not been drilled to
(1) Unpack the new set of dies. Check to be
receive the four dowel pins.
sure that the serial numbers on the upper and lower dies