SECTION I (Con't.)
1-7 Unloading and Unpacking Equipment
(1) Disconnect tie-down straps.
(2) Where a lifting device of suitable capacity (over
3000 lb.) is available, connect cable slings to
lifting eyebolts and lift the test stand from the
(3) When a lifting device is not available, build a
ramp with suitable lumber and tow the test stand
off the carrier.
(1) Remove pressure sensitive tape from seams, doors,
panels, screen, and ventilation ducts.
(2) Remove barrier material from ventilation ducts and
(3) Remove bags of desiccant from inside test stand
(4) Remove pressure sensitive tape from all sealed
(5) Use solvent Specification PP-S-661 for removal of
preservatives from exterior surfaces of the equip-
1-8 Inspection of New Equipment
(A) Perform the before-operation services decribed in