3-10. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE.
3-14. LUBRICATION. To prepare the engine
for lubrication before storage, proceed as follows:
3-11. FUEL SYSTEM. To drain the gasoline
fuel system, proceed as follows.
1. Drain gasoline engine crankcase oil at the
pan drain plug. Replace drain plug. (See figure
2. Fill crankcase with corrosion preventative
Always provide earth grounding to con-
compound, (Item 4, table 1-7) to the full level as
tainer and test stand before draining to
indicated by dip stick (see figure 3-2).
prevent sparks. Do not drain near flames
or glowing hot objects.
3-15. PREPARATION FOR SHIPMENT.
1. Insure engine is cooled off.
3-16. Normally the test stand does not require
an external container; however, if test stand was
2. Insure shutoff cock is opened. (See
shipped in a container, reuse the same container.
3-17. PACKING. To pack the test stand proceed
3. Drain gasoline into a suitable container.
4. Leave fuel tank cap off for approximately
1. Accomplish all steps within Chapter 3,
fifteen minutes to dissipate gasoline fumes.
Section I, paragraph 3-10.
2. Place several bags of desiccant, (item 7,
5. Start engine and allow to run until engine
table 1-7) within the cabinet interior.
stops on its own accord.
6. Replace fuel tank cap.
3. Cover all trailer openings with water re-
sistant barrier material, (item 5, table 1-7)
3-12. HYDRAULIC SYSTEM. To drain the hy-
attaching and sealing with pressure sensitive
draulic system proceed as follows:
tape, (item 6, table 1-7).
1. Prepare to catch hydraulic fluid into a
4. Seal seams, doors, panels and other small
container that has a capacity of approximately 30
openings with pressure sensitive water resistant
tape, (item 6, table 1-7).
2. Remove drain plug (item 8, figure 1-3)
from bottom of low pressure filter, catching fluid
3-18. CRATING. To crate the test stand proceed
in container. Replace drain plug.
3. Drain the hydraulic pump (item 13, figure
1-3) removing drain plug located at the lower
1. Attach the test stand to the container using
the tie down straps.
right hand corner of the pump case. Replace drain
2. Where a lifting device of suitable capacity
4. Refill the system with preservative hydraul-
(over 3000 lbs.) is available, connect cable slings
ic oil, (item 3, table 1-7).
to lifting eyebolts and lift the stand into its
3-13. BATTERY. To remove the battery from
the test stand, refer to paragraph 3-40.
3. If no lifting device is available, prepare a
ramp to the carrier and roll the test stand into
Battery electrolyte contains sulfuric acid
and can cause severe burns. In case of
contact with electrolyte, rinse area with
3-19. SPECIAL FORMS. Prepare an appropriate
clean water immediately. Battery cells
document as shown in figure 3-3, and attach to
contain gases, keep flames and glowing
unit being stored or shipped.
hot objects away.