der blocks for scores. Rebore and
(5) Install the other cylinder block in the
hone a scored cylinder block and install
oversized pistons (par. 195).
(3) Inspect the cylinder block for cracks,
breaks, distortion and damaged
threads. Replace a defective cylinder
(1) Remove the timing gears (par. 190).
(2) Remove the camshaft (par. 197).
(4) Inspect all attaching hardware for dis-
(3) Remove the cylinder blocks (par. 199).
tortion and damaged threads and re-
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
place if defective.
(1) Clean the crankcase with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(1) Install the six studs (34, fig. 24) in the
Blow the oil header clear with com-
(2) Position a new gasket (5) and the
(2) Inspect the crankcase for cracks,
cylinder block on the crankcase and se-
breaks, distortion, and damaged
cure with the six lockwashers and hex
threads. Replace a defective crankcase.
nuts. Tighten the nuts to a torque of
62 to 78 ft-lb.
(1) Install the cylinder blocks (par. 199).
(3) Install the connecting rods and pistons
(2) Install the camshaft (par. 197).
(4) Install the valves (par. 186).
(3) Install the timing gears (par. 190).